I’ve just finished the letter C intarsia square I’ve been knitting for the Poetry Society’s Knit a Poem project. They suggest that before you send your square you attach a little label to it with your name and the name of your favourite poem. But I fear that one tiny label will not have enough space for all my favourites.
It’s like asking someone what their favourite song is. I mean, who can say they only have one favourite song? Not me that’s for sure. So I thought I’d just write a little shout out to my Top Ten favourite poems in no particular order, as there’s no room for it on a laundry label, I will have to put it here.
1. Liverpool Disappears for a Billionth of a Second by Paul Farley
2. Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley
3. Jesus Smokes by Sarah Kobrinsky
4. The Pattern by Michael Longley
5. Rain at Night by Roddy Lumsden
6. Binary by Tim Turnbull
7. Space by Tim Wells
8. I Interview Well by Kimberley Simms
9. The Tyre by Simon Armitage
10. Naming of Parts by Henry Reed